Cybersecurity refers to the wide range of processes and technologies that are used to protect inter-connected systems, networks, and data from cyber-attacks. With the increased use of technology, the number of cyber-attacks has also increased. Hence, ensuring cybersecurity is highly important to protect your systems and data from malicious attacks.
Types of Cybersecurity:
Cybersecurity is a single term that encompasses various aspects. An effective cybersecurity strategy includes all the core types to ensure enhanced security. The core cybersecurity types are given as follows:
- Network security – refers to the practice of securing the networks of an organization from unauthorized access.
- Application security – refers to the protection of mobile and web applications. Hackers mostly target website applications. In this practice, penetration testing is carried out to identify and mitigate the vulnerabilities of the application.
- Information security – refers to the protection of data by mitigating risks and vulnerabilities to ensure integrity, confidentiality, and availability (CIA) of the data in rest and data in transit.
- Operational security (OPSEC) – it is an analytical process that identifies information assets and determines the required security controls to ensure the protection of organizations’ information assets.
- Cloud Security – refers to the wide range of policies and procedures that are used to protect the entire infrastructure of cloud computing, including systems, applications, and data from malicious attacks to ensure data privacy and security.
Why Cybersecurity is significant?
In this digitized world, internet-connected systems and devices are being used by everyone. The increased use of technology has greatly jeopardized cybersecurity. From the last few years, cybersecurity breaches are skyrocketing.
Cyber security is significant because the government, corporations, and different kinds of organizations collect, process, and store enormous amounts of data on their systems. The stored data can contain sensitive information. As in this digitized world, every system and business is vulnerable to attack. Unauthorized access can exploit the vulnerabilities of a system to get sensitive information, leading to serious consequences. At the individual level, a cyber attack can result in negative consequences such as exploitation of personal data, identity theft, and extortion attempts.
Implementing cybersecurity practices ensures secured data transmission and storage, and also protects the systems that process and store the data. As the magnitude and sophistication of cyber-attacks are abruptly increasing, organizations should adopt necessary cybersecurity measures to safeguard the personal and sensitive information of their business and related people.
Fill out the form for a Free Consultation and Site Survey
We're Here To Help!